Inspections in Kennesaw, GA
We've performed over 50,000 inspections in Georgia
Schedule Online Now
Ready to schedule an inspection? Our office team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Serving all of Atlanta & Beyond Since 1984
LunsPro's certified inspectors are available 7 days a week to serve all of the Canton community and beyond. We proudly perform property inspections in Cobb County and adjacent areas including Fulton, Milton, Crabapple, Roswell, Johns Creek, Duluth, Suwanee, Cumming, Peachtree Corners, Norcross, Sandy Springs, Cherokee, and many other places.
Our Kennesaw area professional home inspections include complete structural and mechanical evaluation of a resale home including foundation, interior, exterior, roof, attic, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, water heater, and more. We perform radon testing in Kennesaw which consists of an extremely accurate 48 hour test. Our termite, pest and rodent evaluation is performed by a separate licensed pest inspector. We offer additional services in the Kennesaw area including mold testing, stucco and a sewer line evaluation. We not only specialize in residential homes, we also perform new construction and commercial property inspections in Kennesaw.
Kennesaw Area New Construction, Commercial, Multi-Unit and More!
Building a new home in Kennesaw? Allow us to perform phase inspections to ensure you are getting the quality of home you are paying for! We typically perform 3 phase inspections - Framing, Pre-Drywall & Final.
We have specialized in commercial property inspections in Kennesaw for over 20 years. We will customize an inspection quote to fit the property's characteristics and your budget!
Selling your Kennesaw home and want a competitive edge? A pre-sale inspection enables the seller to address problems before the home hits the market, which could help prevent a deal falling through caused by issues uncovered during a buyer's inspection.
Buying a duplex, triplex or larger multi-family property in Kennesaw? We can help you save money! We offer discounts for multi-unit inspections. Give us a call to learn more!
Pool & Spa
Looking at a Kennesaw area home with a pool? Our pool & spa certified inspectors are ready to give you the peace of mind.
During the winter months, homes in Kennesaw become vulnerable to damage caused by colder temperatures. Allow us to safeguard your vacant property by having us perform our highly effective winterization services!
Live Lead Serve
Our company motto is: Live Lead Serve. We are committed to giving back to our communities and making the world a better place. We consistently partner with Toys 4 Tots in Atlanta, Operation Gratitude, No Longer Bound, KW Red Day, Red Cross, English Bulldog Rescue of Atlanta, Bully Ball, first responders and several other great organizations.
Kennesaw takes great pride in protecting and managing its historical and cultural resources for future generations. Attractions include the Smithsonian affiliated Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, Smith-Gilbert Gardens, and improved public areas and renovated buildings with delightfully eclectic shops and restaurants. Among all the activities and attractions of Kennesaw there is an abundance of rich history.
1830's: Kennesaw's history begins when the Georgia Legislature authorized the construction of a rail line through Cobb County. Known as the Western and Atlantic Railroad, its 20 miles of track stretched from Terminus (Atlanta) to Cartersville by 1846. Several small towns were founded along the railroad including Vinings, Smyrna, Acworth and Big Shanty. The abundance of water and high ground adjacent to the railroad led to the construction of worker's shanties near present day Kennesaw. This area became known as "Big Shanty Grade". The high point of the railroad between the Chattahoochee and Etowah Rivers is the present day crossing in Kennesaw.
Late 1850's: A plot of land was acquired by the Railroad "for the purpose of erecting a Depot and an eating house for the convenience of the traveling public." This eating place became the famous Lacy House and was operated by Mr. and Mrs. George Lacy.
1861: Camp McDonald, a training camp for soldiers, was established near Big Shanty. Named for former Governor Charles C. McDonald, Big Shanty was an ideal location for a training camp. There was fresh water available, and the railroad furnished a convenient mode of transportation for recruits and supplies. There were no permanent structures, and the men lived in tents. General William Phillips of the Georgia Militia was the commander of the camp. The parade ground was located approximately where Highway 41 crosses Kennesaw Due West Road. On July 31, 1861 a Grand Review of the troops was held in the town and attracted a large crowd. Such a crowd would not gather again until one hundred years later when The General returned to Kennesaw.
THE GENERAL IS STOLEN
April 12, 1862: James J. Andrews and a band of Yankee spies boarded the northbound train at Marietta. This train was powered by the locomotive, The General. At Big Shanty, the crew and passengers left the train to eat breakfast at the Lacy Hotel. In plain view of the soldiers at Camp McDonald, Andrews and his men stole The General and headed north to destroy the Western and Atlantic Railroad. But they did not count on the persistence of William A. Fuller, the conductor, who chased The General first on foot before running it down north of Ringgold, Georgia on the locomotive Texas (which ran in reverse). This incident forever placed Big Shanty on the map.
June 6, 1864: Big Shanty fell to Sherman's troops and became a supply base, hospital and headquarters for the Union forces.
October-November 1864: The "second battle" of Big Shanty occurred when Confederate General John B. Hood attempted to disrupt Sherman's supply line. During raids in the area, the Confederates briefly recaptured Acworth and Big Shanty and took 350 Union prisoners. On November 9th, as Sherman prepared for his "March to the Sea", he issued orders to destroy the Western and Atlantic Railroad from Big Shanty to the Chattahoochee River. He also ordered that the Lacy Hotel be burned to the ground. On November 14, 1864, it was.
1870's: Big Shanty lay in ruins following the Civil War, but by the 1870's the town began to recover. There were three retail stores, one blacksmith shop, two house carpenters, two Methodist ministers and one doctor. The Western and Atlantic Railroad was rebuilt and provided an important transportation artery for the town. The First Baptist Church and the Methodist Church were built in 1877.
1880's: The area continued to recover from the Civil War, and on September 21, 1887 a petition for incorporation was presented to the Legislature-the City of Kennesaw was born. The Articles of Incorporation stated that: 1) the City of Kennesaw is incorporated; 2) corporate limits of the town shall extend one half mile, north, south, east and west from the Depot of the Western and Atlantic Railroad; 3) there shall be an election of a mayor and four councilmen; 4) the mayor shall have the power to levy and collect taxes; and 5) nothing in this act shall give the town authorities the right to grant license to sell intoxicating liquors.
Late 19th Century: The city grew slowly. The railroad continued to be the chief source of employment. In 1889, the mayor and council served without pay, and the only city income was from a street tax of fifty cents for every head of household. This was later raised to $2.50. J.S. Reynolds was elected as first mayor in 1891. During the 1890s, there was a scarlet fever epidemic and later a smallpox scare.
Early 20th Century: Kennesaw prospered. Cotton provided a good source of revenue, and the town served as an important shipping center. The Masonic Hall/dry good store was constructed in 1902, the Kennesaw State Bank building around 1905, and the Western and Atlantic Depot was finished in 1908. The Kennesaw State Bank was chartered around 1910. In 1911, the City began charging the Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis Railway, (former Western and Atlantic), $100 a year to use the local spring water. In the 1920s, Kennesaw supported a semi-pro baseball team named the "Kennesaw Smokers". Kennesaw was deeply affected by the depression and boll weevil which virtually destroyed the cotton industry. The City didn't fully recover until the 1980s.
"THE GREAT LOCOMOTIVE CHASE"
1950's: A difficult era for the City of Kennesaw. The last cotton gin and Kennesaw State Bank both closed. Highway 41 bypassed the city. In 1957, Walt Disney Productions released "The Great Locomotive Chase" starring Fess Parker which sparked renewed interest in the City.
1962: On April 14, 1962, The General retraced its historic run from Kennesaw (Big Shanty) to Chattanooga.
1972: The General once again traveled to Kennesaw to be housed in the former Frey Cotton Gin Building following a prolonged court battle with the City of Chattanooga.
THE GUN LAW
May 1, 1982: Kennesaw once again was in the news when the city unanimously passed a law requiring "every head of household to maintain a firearm together with ammunition." After passage of the law, the burglary rate in Kennesaw declined, and today the City has the lowest crime rate in Cobb County.
PROSPERITY AND RAPID GROWTH
1980's: The economy grew as nearby construction of shopping malls and businesses put the City of Kennesaw into the Metropolitan Atlanta area.
2000: The City's population was 21,675.
2001: In the Spring, the City opened its own history exhibits located in the historic railroad Depot.
2003: The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, formerly the Kennesaw Civil War Museum, underwent a massive expansion. In addition to The General and a film about The Great Locomotive Chase, the Museum features two other permanent collections.
2004:The City of Kennesaw was designated a Preserve America Community. Preserve America is a United States government program, established under President George W. Bush, intended to encourage and support community efforts to preserve and enjoy the country's cultural and natural heritage.
2008:Swift-Cantrell Park Opens. Today, the 42-acre park features: two age-appropriate playgrounds, three picnic pavilions, open turf for passive recreation, a one-mile perimeter asphalt trail and a half mile inner-loop asphalt trail, splash pad, dog park, lighted skatepark, fitness station and Wi-Fi hotspot.
2009:Smith-Gilbert Gardens accepts first paid admission. As an established collectors garden, Smith-Gilbert Gardens has over 3,000 species of plants, many unique to American gardens. Having grown through the years, the Gardens stand out as an exceptional blend of art, history and horticulture, all creating a tranquil respite of reflection and enjoyment.
2009:The Kennesaw Police Department earned accreditation from CALEA (Commission for Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies), which required the Department to draft and put into place policies and procedures to meet 463 standards, verifying their commitment to provide the best service for the city. Now, the CALEA standards have grown to 484 and the Department is electronically assessed for compliance on these standards annually. Every four years, assessors from CALEA come to the Department for an on-site assessment, where they evaluate the Department's compliance in person.
2010:The City's population was 29,783.
2012:Fit City Kennesaw, a city-wide initiative, launched to address the increasing rate of obesity and concerns over the health of Kennesaw residents. The overall goal is to help prevent and control obesity and other chronic diseases in children, teens and adults by promoting healthy eating habits and regular physical activity.
2013:The City of Kennesaw opens Kennesaw Skatepark, a 40,000 sq. ft., all-concrete skatepark that consists of a Street League Skateboarding Foundation Certified Skate Plaza, flow course and bowl.
2019:Entertainment District established via Ordinance No. 2019-01
Source: City of Kennesaw website